Governor Evers is committed to creating a Wisconsin that is open for everyone. In the spirit of openness and transparency, the Governor shares updates on goings-on in the administration on a variety of social media platforms.
Terms of Service
The Office of the Governor's social media pages are located within social media platforms. These platforms often have terms of service, community guidelines, privacy policies, and other rules to which users are subject when visiting those pages.
When engaging with the Office of the Governor on social media, you are subject to the terms of service of the platform. Content shared on the Office of the Governor's pages is subject to the terms of service of the platform. Information you share with or post to the Office of the Governor's pages may be used by the platform for purposes according to its terms of services, privacy policies, or platform rules.
Users are always permitted to report to the platform any content that they believe violates a platform's terms of service, community guidelines, privacy policies, or other rules.
Contacting the Office of the Governor and State Agencies
Social media is not considered an official channel for contacting State of Wisconsin agencies and officials. While the State may respond to queries and comments on social media, responses are not guaranteed. The Office of the Governor encourages constituents to follow instructions on how to contact government offices found on agencies' web pages. Constituents can find out information on how best to reach out to the Office of the Governor by clicking on the “Connect” tab up above.
The Office of the Governor encourages constructive public discourse on social media by constituents through commenting on, sharing, liking, and retweeting. Sharing of different opinions is welcomed and encouraged on the Office of the Governor's social media platforms. The Office of the Governor trusts that constituents will encourage respectful and productive discourse on these platforms.
However, the following are types of content that may result in being reported to the platform, comment removal, and in some cases, even blocking:
- Profane, obscene, vulgar, or defamatory language or content
- Threats or advocacy of violence
- Content that may compromise the safety or security of the public, the State, infrastructure, or public systems, including criminal or civil investigations
- Confidential information, including personally identifying or sensitive information
- Links to malicious or harmful software
- Language or content promoting illegal activities or seeking to incite lawless action
- Disruptively repetitive content that compromises the ability of other users to access the platform
- Content containing unauthorized use of copyrighted material